Terms and Conditions
In consideration of being permitted to participate in and attend the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo (“Event”), I agree to comply with any and all rules, regulations, terms and conditions of Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, including but not limited to the following:
1. I certify that I am physically able to participate Psychedelic Friendship Bingo and in any activity or performance associated with it, and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.
2. I acknowledge and fully understand that as an attendee of this event, I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, property loss and severe social and economic losses. These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by: (a) the actions, inactions or negligence of the organizers of the event, Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, contractors or affiliates (collectively, “Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company”), and participants, volunteers and spectators; (b) conditions of the premises or equipment used; (c) rules and regulations regarding the activities; (d) temperature; (e) weather; (f) condition of participants; and (g) vehicular traffic. I further acknowledge and fully understand that there may also be other risks that are not known or foreseeable at this time. I KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PROPERTY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, WHICH MAY OCCUR BY ATTENDING THE Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, AND HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM SUCH RISK, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, OR BY THIRD PARTIES, AND I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION.
3. I understand that during the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, art installations, vehicles (including but not limited to ‘mutant vehicles’ and ‘art cars’), events and performances will be held and/or on display and I understand that most of these activities are not owned or operated by Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, and I ASSUME ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH ARISING FROM THEIR OPERATION AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES, AND THE RELEASE IN PARAGRAPH 2 APPLIES TO ANY INJURY I MIGHT SUSTAIN RELATING TO MY PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES.
4. I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby waive, release, discharge, and agree not to sue Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, its officers, directors, members, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, contractors and subcontractors, and other participants, sponsors, affiliates, and if applicable, owners and lessors of equipment, art installations and premises used to conduct the Event or related activities (collectively the “Releasees”), from any and all claims for damages, injuries, losses, liabilities and expenses which I may have or which may subsequently accrue to me, relating to, resulting from or arising out of my use and/or participation in the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, including any programs, events, art installations or activities at the Event, and including any injury or damage to my person or property, or to that of any other person or property. However, if Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company files a claim against me, I may file a counterclaim related to the same facts and circumstances. I agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any and all claims by third parties for damages, injuries, losses, liabilities and expenses relating to, resulting from or arising out of my participation in the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, including in any program, event or activity at the Event. I intend that the waiver and release of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
5. Use of Images
Cameras are welcome at the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo. Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company encourages the sharing of our community’s identity and cultural information through photography, videography, and film. Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company also seeks to protect that culture from unchecked commercialization or commodification, and to moderate an environment where participants’ rights to privacy, free expression, and creative immediacy are given priority. Your entrance to the event is your acceptance of the terms, conditions and guidelines in these Terms and Conditions for the use of photographic imagery obtained at the Event, whether still or video. If you intend to use image recording equipment at the Event, you are required to adhere to the Event’s guidelines for such uses. These guidelines and agreements are aimed at protecting Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' members and its cultural values; they may seem unusual at first glance, but Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' goal is to encourage and observe respect for personal privacy and freedom of expression. Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company monitors dissemination of photographs primarily to ensure that photographs do not infringe on participants’ rights to privacy.
I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT NO USE OF IMAGES, FILM, OR VIDEO OBTAINED AT THE EVENT MAY BE MADE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, OTHER THAN PRIVATE USE (as defined below). I understand that I have no rights to make any non-Private Use of any image, film, or video footage obtained at the event, and that I cannot sell, transfer, license, sublicense or give my images, footage, film or video obtained at the event to any other party, except for Private Use, and I agree to inform anyone to whom I give any footage, film, or video that it can only be used for Private Use. Use in any advertisement or in the title or cover of any publication designed for dissemination to the public of images from the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, logos, trademarks and other intellectual property owned or licensed by Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, or of the phrase “Psychedelic Friendship Bingo,” is prohibited without prior written consent of Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company.
Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company grants to participants the right to use images obtained at the event for “Private Use” without the necessity of obtaining written permission from Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company; however, as discussed below, this “Private Use” permission may be revoked by Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company for reasons in its sole discretion. “Private Use” of images, film or video means that you can share these images with friends, family, and other members of the Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company community, to display on password protected personal websites (as long as your website does not sell any other product or service, and as long as your website does not purport or appear to be an official website of the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo or Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company,), private art exhibits or similar exhibits. Social networking sites such as Flickr and Facebook and photosharing sites will only be considered “Private Use" in the case where the permission to post on such sites is obtained from everyone in the image, and any logos, trademarks and other intellectual property owned or licensed by Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, or of the phrase “Psychedelic Friendship Bingo,” is not included, to be determined at Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company’ sole discretion.
I agree, in the event I post, or allow to be posted, any images (still or video) on a personal website or a website controlled by a third party, even if permissible as Private Use, that: (1) I will place, or cause to be placed, on any website in which such images are displayed, a notice that the images can be used only for the poster’s private use and not for any other purpose and that downloading or copying of the images is prohibited; (2) in the event Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company notifies me that any such images must be removed, for any reason whatsoever in Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company’ sole discretion, I will promptly remove or cause to be removed those images.
Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company forbids the making of private profit from the documentation of the Event without the express written permission of subjects. If you have seen a violation or suspect a problem of this nature, please contact the Shura Rangers and/or the information booth or email (year-round).
Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company requires any party interested in making any commercial use of their documentation of the event or in distributing footage beyond Private Use on personal friend/family networks to enter into a written contract with Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company. Email for more information on how to register for this permission. Such projects require Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' review and approval prior to any distribution.
Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' community grows primarily by word of mouth. The organization does little to solicit attention from television or media companies about the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo, and does not seek to grow the Event itself by exposure through the mass media. Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company does continue to support the presence of the press, and to encourage the free expression of news reporters, storytellers, small groups documenting special projects, cultural or fine art photographers, and creative authors/researchers or academics looking at Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company from an anthropological perspective, but all such uses require a written agreement with Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company in order to use images from the Event. Contact email@example.com.
6. I agree that I will not use the mark “Psychedelic Friendship Bingo,” the logos of Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company or the likeness, drawings or representations of the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo map, or any other trademark of Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, on any website (except for Private Use, as described in Paragraph 5) or in any other manner, commercial or otherwise, except for nominative or classic fair use. Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company generally does permit the use of the mark “Psychedelic Friendship Bingo,” without payment of any fee, on materials that are given away or provided to members at any Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company event (“Gift Materials”), with the following conditions: (1) Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company may, for any reason whatsoever in its discretion, determine that such use is not in keeping with Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' quality control, and if so all such materials shall no longer be utilized; (2) no ungifted Gift Materials may be sold or transferred in exchange for something of value or distributed in any form such that the Gift Materials are likely to be sold or transferred in exchange for something of value.
7. I acknowledge that people are using film, video and photographic cameras at the Event, and that my image may be captured on film, video or photographs which may subsequently be displayed or disseminated without my consent or payment of compensation to me, and I release Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company from any liability due to such filming, photographing or dissemination.
8. I understand that some participants at the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo may engage in expressive activity and dress, which may include partial nudity or nudity and other types of expressive activity. I agree that such expressive activity and dress is not indecent nor offensive to me, and that I have decided to attend the Event with full knowledge that such expressive activity and dress may occur. Minors are generally not allowed at the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo without the express written permission of Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company,. In the case that written permission is granted and I am accompanied by minors at the Event, I acknowledge that I have made a choice that the minors may be exposed to the expressive activities and dress that take place at the Event, and that I have exercised parental responsibility and control in bringing the minors to the Event. Should I find that any activity at the Event is offensive to me, or to any minors accompanying me, I acknowledge that I can avoid such activity by, among other things, leaving the vicinity of the activity or leaving the Event.
9. I acknowledge that all vehicles including trucks, trailers and RVs entering the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo are subject to search by Gate staff, for stowaways, dogs, guns, or other prohibited items.
10. I agree to read and abide by these terms and by and guidelines listed in the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo Survival Guide.
11. I consent to have medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during any program, event or activity. I release Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company and all persons participating in any such medical treatment from all responsibility for any such actions.
12. I understand that children under 18 years of age can only attend the event with the express written permission of Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company and only when accompanied by a parent or guardian, and that if I am given permission to bring a minor to the event I agree to the contractual terms contained in these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the minor.
13. In the event I am obtaining tickets for, or I provide any tickets to, any other person or persons, I recognize that I am acting as that person’s agent in obtaining the tickets, and due to this agency relationship I agree to these terms on behalf of any person to whom I deliver any of the tickets I purchase, and I shall notify any such person of these terms when I deliver a ticket and to them.
14. I agree that Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company is not liable for acts of God, the weather, strikes, protests, or actions taken by government agencies and similar causes. I understand that tickets are nonrefundable even if the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo is terminated early or canceled, or entry conditions are modified, due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation, the failure to obtain required governmental permits, or conditions beyond Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' control.
15. I understand that that firearms, fireworks, rockets and other explosives are prohibited.
16. This ticket is a revocable license that may be revoked by Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company for any reason.
17. Refund and Cancellation Policy
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for any reason. Fees are non-refundable.
18. Ticket Sales and Registration for Ticket Sales
If you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions as part of the registration procedure for a ticket sale process, this paragraph is binding upon you, but the other paragraphs in these Terms and Conditions become binding only if you successfully purchase tickets for the Psychedelic Friendship Bingo through the ticket purchase process, and your ticket purchase is not rescinded or revoked prior to the Event.
You will be informed of the procedures for the ticket sale process during your registration for the process, and by your registration you agree to be bound by those procedures and to waive any right to challenge the procedures in the process.
In the case that you use a credit card as a part of the ticket purchase process, you must provide current contact information and a valid credit card. Invalid credit card numbers will be disqualified from participation in the ticket sale process, and you will NOT have an opportunity to provide a secondary form of payment.
If during the ticket sale process, you successfully purchase tickets, your credit card will be charged automatically for the price of the ticket(s), , and in such cases where fees are applicable, per-ticket or per-transaction service fee, and any applicable delivery fees. Once you successfully purchase tickets and your credit card is charged, you cannot cancel or withdraw your ticket order, and, as with all ticket sales, the sale is final. In the event your credit card is declined by the credit card company for any reason, the sale to you will not be processed and you will not receive any tickets.
For any ticket purchasers or ticket process registrations, in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, including computer or software malfunction, mistake or inadvertence, network congestion or crashes, you are not able to purchase any tickets through the sale process, or your registration for a sale or the purchase of tickets is not processed, or you receive a notice that your ticket purchase or ticket registration is rescinded, revoked, canceled, or made in error and your credit card payment is credited to your credit card account, you waive any claim against Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company and release Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company from any and all liability.
Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company retains the right to cancel, rescind or revoke any ticket purchases purchases at any time for any reason whatsoever at Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company' sole discretion. If anyone attempts to sell or sells a Psychedelic Friendship Bingo ticket to a non-member of the Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company community or above face value, or purchases a Psychedelic Friendship Bingo ticket with the intention of reselling it to a non-member of the Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company community or for above face value, Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company has the absolute right, in its sole discretion, to cancel any such ticket without advance notice, and once cancelled, the ticket will be null and void and will not grant the holder any right to enter the Event, and Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company will not have any liability to refund any of the purchase price to the purchaser or his or her assignee.
20. Entry Policy
All tickets are Will Call. Will Call tickets are non-physical and will simply provide Event access at the front gate. Unless other arrangements have been made with Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company, only the person whose name the tickets were purchased under may validate them at the gate, and they must present valid legal photo identification in order for tickets to be valid. No refunds will be processed for patrons who do not have valid identification and therefore are unable to access Will Call tickets. You are responsible for checking the age minimum for the event, and no refunds will be processed for participants who are denied entry due to not having valid identification that demonstrate they are 18 years or older, or if under 18 years old and not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
21. These Terms and Conditions may be changed by Kulturehaus Inc and Minerva Company prior to the Event, and if so the revised Terms and Conditions will apply to you. The most recent version of the terms and conditions can be found at Your use of the ticket for entry to the Event signifies your binding agreement to the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of your entry to the Event.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND I CHECK IT KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR DURESS.